Boys joining on or after Jan. 1, 2016 MUST use the new requirements.
Boys who have joined prior to Jan. 1, 2016:
- Who are working on Tenderfoot through First Class MAY continue to work on the existing requirements, but MUST convert to the new requirements upon attaining First Class.
- Who have completed First Class MAY complete the rank they are currently working on in the existing requirements, but then MUST convert to the new requirements for subsequent ranks.
All Scouts MUST use the new requirements regardless of rank.
- BSA: INSERT FOR SCOUT HANDBOOK (FOR PRINTING)
- BSA: Transitioning to the 2016 Boy Scout Requirements
- BSA: Boy Scout Requirements – effective Jan. 1, 2016
- BSA: Boy Scout Requirements FAQ
- ScoutMasterCG: All About Advancement
- Troop 97 has this information about the 13th Edition — Boy Scout Handbook